November Is National Peanut Butter Lovers Month!
15 November 2017
‘Tis the season to celebrate! Did you know peanut butter lovers have a whole month to celebrate the creamy goodness of peanut butter? November is National Peanut Butter Lovers Month, and each year peanut butter lovers from near and far celebrate their admiration for America’s favorite nut butter.
Peanut butter is a staple in many households, where it is known for its affordability, great taste and nutrition. Many may not realize peanut butter is jam-packed with all kinds of goodness. Check out the facts from the National Peanut Board below!
- Peanuts have more protein than any other nut. Seven grams per serving to be exact.
- Peanuts contain more than 30 essential vitamins and nutrients.
- Peanuts are a good source of fiber, contain healthy fats and are part of a heart-healthy diet.
- Peanut butter is good for the planet. It takes fewer than five gallons of fresh water to produce one ounce of peanuts, and peanuts add beneficial nutrients to the soil.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.
- 94 percent of Americans have at least one jar of peanut butter at home, so a convenient snack is always nearby.
- 90 percent – How much less a PB&J costs than a sandwich made with almond butter.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he or she graduates high school.
With the holiday season right around the corner, incorporating peanut butter into holiday dishes is simple. Peanut butter cookies are a classic! Check out this recipe for Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies and see if your friends and family can figure out the ‘surprise’ ingredient!
For more delicious peanut butter recipe ideas, check out the Georgia Peanuts Pinterest page, www.pinterest.com/gapeanuts.You can also visit www.gapeanuts.com for even more recipes, nutrition information and fun facts to celebrate all year long.